I'm about to do it, the number one biggest no-no in the book of Rules for Not Embarrassing Your Kid and Causing Trouble. But leave it to me, because I can't help it. They're too cute. This darling fella you see here is Jakob, Emily's friend and classmate. I caught him making faces at me during their Christmas concert, so I snapped these. He said he thought I was getting pictures for the yearbook. But why is he on our blog? Here's how it went down. He tagged along with our fam when we went to a party and then joined Em and me when we went to see "A Bee Movie" afterwards, and what do you know: Every kid at school is saying he likes her. And I've gotta say, I have never seen two kids with the ability to stave off the paparazzi and ignore the jeers of the crowd the way they have. They just hang out, unscathed. Now, for some reason, she finds it incredibly fun, once they've roughed it up playing football catch and jumping on the tramp, to come in and paint his nails. This is a real occurrence to which I can personally attest. Of course, the media would have it's turn to put a spin on it. My friend (and the mother of another of their classmates) informed me that it's all over the fourth grade that Jakob goes over to our house and she "paints his nails" with the quotes there, likes it's euphemistic for something scandalous. Where do they learn these things? Did anyone see this coming? Should I be as surprised as I am that I have a kid old enough to think boys aren't gross? She's only ten, for pete's sake. And these neighborhood boys have been coming around to hang out for over a year now. Anyhow, I probably shouldn't encourage it by smiling at how she gets pink in the cheeks when he calls.
I can see us in a few years.....sitting up late and talking, giggling for hours after she's come home from date, all excited about a boy.


7 comments:
Kids these days start so young. Shawn got pushed down by some other boy because he apparently was talking with his girlfriend. Mei asked if she could have a boyfriend when she was 24. I said that was a good age. Oh, the craziness of kids and public schools.
Wow! What a story! ;)
He is a cutie and nice always makes them twice as cute.
I can't believe you did that. You aren't supposed to print the NAME of the boy your daughter likes, let alone post his PICTURE!!!!! Michele..... {shaking head in disappointment}
Just kidding... She'll be glad you snapped those pictures when she's older.....
For some reason, she wasn't embarrassed a bit that I told her "stuff." She was happy to have a turn being the star of the blog. ;)
oooh la la! That's so fun! I can't believe the nail painting! I did get one of my guy friends to bake a wedding cake in my ez bake oven with me when we were in 6th grade, but the nail painting may top it! I'm excited for my girls to get a little older...not for them to date, but to talk and be friends!
Post a Comment