Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Warm Wishes

Warm wishes are something we did not send out this year by mail........to anyone. This may be a sin in your eyes, and believe me, the seriousness of this omissive sin is not lost on us either. But we had a holly jolly Christmas, once we sprinted to the finish, and we hope you did, too. I say sprinted because it feels like we've done quite a lot of that lately, sprinting. Or running of one kind or another. Not that we wanted it all to speed by so fast. It's the time we look most forward to each year. But we just stood there with our goofy grins on as a blur of action tornadoed around us.
Why, we even fell out of the loop in our family's gift exchange. That's right: Because of us, my brother's poor family found themselves quite without a gift from us this year. (We've made restitution in the form of a New Year's present!) It was a beautiful, bright sunny Christmas day, which we wouldn't have traded for all the snow in the world. The kids were able to play with their new toys outside. I think it was 65-70 out. Man, we haven't stayed home for Christmas almost ever, unless I was a zillion months pregnant at the time, which happened twice. My parents are still in Korea, so they sent the kids Korean shirts, which they loved and wore all week--I know--eeew.
But let me say that if I did send a Christmas card to you it would have a silhouetted picture of the Nativity or Mary riding a camel and would say how much I hope we can all reconnect with our families and with the Savior this Christmas and in the coming year. We love you all so much!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Christmas is the best and craziest time of the year. We love it!