Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween Hijinks

We had a lot of fun this Halloween with our friends the Hodsons. The night started off with a dinner, then trick-or-treating in their neighborhood, and moving on to another nearby neighborhood. Only the little ninja tuckered out and had to be hauled by piggyback for the final lap. When their dad's in charge, it's a leisurely jaunt out to enjoy the night and let the old people talk to the kids as they pet their dogs, and the candy collection is incidental at best. When I'm in charge, we mean business. No long way around. Cross-yard detours are OK, and no complaints. Comfy shoes only. We made up a chant last year that went, "We're on a mission: Candy acquisition!" I wonder which attitude will prevail among our troops.... pictured above: Aurora Hodson was a genie, Emily was a monster bride, Benj was an evil sorcerer, and Joshie was a ninja.


I stole this great cartoon from my cousin Joelle's blog. Of course if you think about it, trick-or-treating itself is very democratic, going around, asking for hand-outs. I guess the "earning it" part comes in when you consider all the leg work involved.

No comments: