Saturday, January 26, 2008
Benj and Grandpa George
Something unique about our #1 son is that, from the time he was a toddler, Benj has always been curious about sacred, gospel-related things--especially the principle of eternal families. When he found out I had lost my dad when I was just fifteen, he was seriously heart-broken and has always found ways through the years to reassure me of many things about my dad. First, that he is watching over us and gets to see the special things that happen to us. Second, that he will get the chance later to do all the fun grandpa things he didn't get to do in this life. Third, that he will never, not ever while we live and breathe, be forgotten in our home. He asks so many questions about what he was like, how he laughed, how he walked and talked, and whether he would have liked to play with him. And I have the pleasure of keeping Dad's memory alive in his own grandson when I tell him of his grandpa George's quiet and sincere way, of his light-hearted singing, his love of orange slices, cherry cheesecake--and he smiles extra big when I tell of his grandpa's ability to make anything out of wood out in the garage.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What a great post. And what a sweet boy you've got.
Thank you for keeping the memory of Dad always in your home. How I love and miss him! He had a way of making a positive impression on all who knew him, especially those of us whose lives were impacted so much on a daily basis. It will be a grand and wonderful reunion some day.
With much love,
Mom
That's so neat! We try to talk to Ellie about George, but she's still a little young to understand. I'm sure he took care of the little ones before they came to us, knowing they're his grandkids!
Post a Comment