Sunday, June 8, 2008

Crunchy PB Granola Clusters


I love this stuff. Sometimes the best things happen when you put together random stuff on a Sunday afternoon. New experiments are created in my kitchen almost daily, but not often will I write something down. I put in several variations for play. Give these a shot and see what you think!


Crunchy PB Granola Clusters

3/4 c peanut butter
1/3 c apricot preserves OR honey OR light pancake syrup
1 tsp cinnamon
6 large marshmallows

Place above ingredients in large plastic bowl--do not stir. Microwave 30-45 seconds, till marshmallows just double.

Add all at once:

1 tsp vanilla
1/2 c wheat germ OR 1/3 c flour
1 c chopped nuts
1 1/2 c rolled oats

Stir, finally, until well-mixed. Plop bite-sized clusters onto greased cookie sheet.

Bake at 300 degrees for 20-25 min., depending on size of clusters. Cool and store in ziplocks. These are a great and fairly healthy take-along snack.

Fun options: craisins, raisins, apricots, orange zest, ginger, cloves, nutmeg.



3 comments:

Nicole -Berrett Photography said...

Michele, you are SO creative!! I am totally going to try this. It sounds so yummy! Thanks for sharing!

Julie Long said...

If you need a taste tester I would be available.

The Collingwood Family said...

Yum! I'm going to try these. BTW, you look so skinny, Michele!!!