Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day Folly

There is no end the amusement our children bring us. For example, this afternoon after quiet time was over and dinner was eaten, I heard lots of giggling coming from our room. Then a rush toward the kitchen and Emily saying, "Show Mom!" and Benjamin screaming "No!" But I found him wearing a swimsuit that was Emily's several years ago. Then Josh came out in one that she wore several more years before that. He liked it so much that he announced he wanted to sleep in it, jump on the tramp in it, and go swimming at the Y in it! During all this insanity, Tom kept his nose in the book he was reading and didn't say a word. Poor guy, wondering where he went wrong as a male role model in their lives.

But no worries, he got a card in the shape of a tie from Joshie that said, "I love you because.......you have a shiny head and you cook good food." Yes, that's what he came up with. I can just imagine his CTR 5 teacher's face when he said about the head. I can hear Sis. Loosli gently urging him, "Why else do you love your dad?" and waiting while he finally came up with the food thing. This had us laughing until the tears were running down. The kids all really love their dad; they're just wierdos, that's all there is to it.

5 comments:

Emily said...

heeheehee. This whole post is hilarious! I love what kids come up with!

J & M Shumate Family said...

I'm still laughing....

Leslie said...

So funny!! I can hear Sis Loosli now.

Heather Brinkerhoff said...

that's great! We sure miss Tom's shiny head, and all the rest of you! Hope you guys had a great 4th!

Anonymous said...

I don't even know Sister Loosli, but I hear her, too. I have been Sister Loosli and I have to say that primary is the only place in the church were you can laugh at people and you don't even have to hide it. (Sister Loosli is a lucky lady)