Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Language of Thanksgiving

Maybe my favorite part of Thanksgiving was when the kids handed me this card. Well, the envelope, actually. I took so long reading all the cute graffiti thatthey were getting a little impatient. The card was cute, too, with traced hands and a blessing they were thankful for on each finger...but I liked the crazy envelope because it shows how all our crazies blend so nicely together. And just like the designs here, each little personality adds so much to our family.















The only way I was able to elicit smiles out of this ravenous crowd was to say we weren't eating until they smiled like they meant it! (Sometimes I must deal in threats.) Really I am so grateful for this wonderful, beautiful group. They bring me such happiness and laughter every day. This year we enjoyed a quiet Thanksgiving at home, just the five of us. It was stress-free and great just reconnecting and playing games. We feel so blessed and thankful for a wonderful extended family and for great friends, and we hope you all enjoyed your day of thanks!

1 comment:

Kirst said...

I'm loving the envelope, and reading your blog is making me miss your kids (and you) Hope all is well with the Ikeda clan.