Monday, November 10, 2008

Sisters

This doesn't happen very often. So looking at this picture right now makes me wish I would've just clung on to both of them and stayed in that pose forever. Jill and I are not even two years apart. When we were kids, she loved telling people this fact to make herself seem older. Now that we're older, she says we're two years apart, and I of course remind her she's not even two years younger. Hehe! Karen is the baby, at 20, and at one time I suppose I changed her diapers, and I can particularly remember reading her bedtime stories and stroking her eyebrows until she fell asleep. Now it seems she's caught up, in size and smarts, so that really, we're all just friends now. It seems that time is a great equalizer. We live scattered about, (me, the most scattered) and our lives have played out differently, but when we find each other again, we are never at a loss. We love each other; see, they're both so easy to love.
I want my lovable girls to know how grateful I feel to have them in my life. You are the good stuff. They don't make 'em any better, and I hope you always know how special you are to me.















Not to leave out my awesome brothers, sorry Matt and Jeff. I loved getting to see you last month and I'm so proud of your gorgeous families and the wonderful things you are doing. You're both the cutest dads ever!

5 comments:

Reeds said...

Thats a great picture of you sisters. Glad you found us. It was great to check out your blog. Reggie will be excited to check out your blog when he comes home from work.
~Later~

Anonymous said...

That was a really sweet entry...It was soo much fun to have you in state. Maybe someday, dare we all hope, it will be more permanent? My kids were sad to hear that you were going home. I still say that you are 20 months older sometimes--habits die hard!!! If you are lucky maybe one day, I'll pass you and be the oldest old....dream on. ;)

Kleanteeth said...

Had we lived closer together I would have had 2 more sisters. Your Mom was never a sister until I had kids and moved back home. I have lots of good memories with Jill and You. Remember that bathroom incident in Texas;) I know Jill conveniently wiped that one clean. To hear you call your brothers cute Dads is just weird. They're still too young in my head. It'll be a miracle, Jill, if everybody ever ends up in one state.

Heather Brinkerhoff said...

It was great to see you, it'll be fun to see your family this next month as well! I'm glad I'm a part of your family, I love all of ya!

Klevrkris said...

Awe! Everyone is so grown up! Love your blog. Sister time is great fun. I'm far from my sisters too. It's not easy to be the one that's far away.