Friday, May 23, 2008

Hot and Steamy Track Day for Hewitt Elementary

"Smith's Star Students Speed By!" was the chant heard in the distance as Benjamin's first grade class donned their war faces and marched toward the Panther Stadium. Benj brought his A Game for the 50 meter and took 1st place, and I would give him an honorable mention for the kid-who-had-the-most-fun-getting-wet.

Emily's fourth grade class had war paint (that Emily sweated off) and marched on the field to the tune of "Gates' Gladiators Rule!" The highlight of their day was going undefeated in the tug-of-war championship among all 5 classes!

I just had to include this sad (and painful) defeat of the moms vs. the dads of 4th graders. We've never had so many dads come, which is awesome..........until tug-of-war time!

2 comments:

Kimi said...

Looks like lots of fun! OUCH!
Hey I like your haircut! Very cute!

Kleanteeth said...

Everything is bigger in Texas, it's true. Our field day is pretty lame. No track, to class competitions, nothing. Looks like you had fun.