Sunday, May 18, 2008
Pllllllay Ball!
The boys had their first t-ball game! (5.15.08) Benj and Joshie decided they wanted to give the sport a try this year, as the YMCA started offering team sports free to members. The boys were put on the same team together, which worked out great for our schedules and for their nervousness at trying something new; and they can't say they don't have a friend on the team! Their coach is a kind parent who stepped up to help, but the biggest helper at their first game was Erin, a Y youth sports coordinator, who took the time to help Josh feel encouraged to run the bases and to try his best. He still marched to the beat of his own drum, which probably drove some observers crazy, but I think he had an overall A+ experience and will be happy to continue the season. Tom said Josh reminds him of himself at the same age, gonna do his own thing in his own way. :) Benj played with all his little heart, paying attention to the batter and the ball, and getting to play "pitcher" or ball returner, and first baseman. He's getting better at catching, and hardly let anyone squeak by him to first base. He couldn't stop talking about how much fun it was to play! The weather was beautiful if not a little cool. Hopefully we'll be blessed with lots of good weather as players and spectators!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Let me just say that I was a t-ball player myself. I was about 6 and the only girl on the team. I distinctly remember standing in the outfield with my mitt over my face to block the sun. I also remember a boy that tried to kiss me on my team. So funny. Oh the memories.
That is so great they can do it for free with your memberships. Awesome. Have fun!
Post a Comment