After numerous attempts at making tasty roasted pumpkin seeds that aren't terribly fiberous, I think I have come up with a decent recipe. So here goes (plus Michele has been pestering me to make my first entry to our blog).
seeds from 1 or 2 medium-sized pumpkins
1 tsp. salt (I like kosher salt, if you use table salt I'd use 3/4 tsp)
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp chili powder
I like to wash the pumpkins seeds real thoroughly in cold water to get as much of the slimy feel off as I can. Dry the seeds on paper towels and then place them on a cookie sheet and sprinkle the dry seasonings on the seeds as evenly as possible.
Heat the oven to 220 degrees.
Cook the seeds for about 30 minutes, stirring them around every 10 minutes.
After 30 minutes, turn the temperature up to 325 degrees and cook for 15-20 more minutes until the seeds turn a nice golden color.
(Sorry there are no pictures, everyone actually liked them this time and they were eaten up before we could get a picture)
Saturday, November 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm glad to see you post, Tom. I will come back to this post next year for the seed recipe, because I usually roast them and I haven't figured it out yet.
Post a Comment