
How is it that our children, naive and innocent as they are, know what we need to hear at just the time we need to hear it? I can think of times from when they were tiny toddlers and lifted my sad face in their hands to ask, "Why Mommy sad? I gee you kiss." Then there are times like this: Josh is walking hand-in-hand with me somewhere, the park maybe, or Wal-mart. I had just said, "Hi, cutie," to which he answered, "Hi, sweetie." (And if I say hi sweetie, he says hi cutie.) So then he gets quiet and kind of intense and stops walking, to make sure I'm listening. Then he says, "Mom, you're perfect for me." This kid is always talking about when he waited in heaven to be in our family, how he just wanted to rush right down, how he "jumped inside [my] tummy so fast." And it's true. We didn't even have to try (in fact, we were preventing) but the timing is just another witness to me that he was meant to be with us. When he came, I started to see that God is watching out for me--He so knows me better than I know myself--and that I can open myself up for unexpected, wonderful blessings in my life.

2 comments:
Michele, thanks for sharing that with us. We did not know of Joshie's feeling, it must feel so wonderful when he says things like that. When you look at things like that in retrospect you can see Heavenly Father's had clearly in our lives.
That is the most precious story. I have some teary eyes. Children are as close to Heaven as we can get. And you have some great ones! Must mean they have good parents!!!
Post a Comment